- Anthropologie celebrated the upcoming launch of its new reality show, Man Shops Globe, with a party at the Rockefeller Center store. The show stars Keith Johnson, Anthropologie’s Buyer at Large, as he travels the world looking for new and exotic items for in-store displays—kind of like Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations without any food.
- Odin, the men’s store that girls love in the East Village and Nolita, just opened a beautiful store in the West Village. 750 Greenwich St., at 11th St. across from the Spotted Pig
- American Apparel let go 27% of its staff due to immigration issues
- Don Fisher, founder of the Gap, died Sunday
- Everyone’s been blogging about this: Price of Opening Ceremony’s Where the Wild Things Are costume: $610
- Gucci is opening a 1-month pop-up sneaker store in Soho, carrying 18 styles of shoes. Opens Oct 23, 2009 at 43 Crosby Street.
- Versace is reviving its lower priced Versus line (discontinued in 2005) to stay relevant in this economy.
- Agent Provocateur creates a racy comic book to promote their line of super-hero lingerie.