- omg, McDonald’s is opening at the Louvre in Paris?! [eatmedaily]
- The old Hog Pit in the Meatpacking District will become Bill’s Bar & Burger, a no-frills bar serving alcohol-absorbing food: hot dogs, onion rings, turkey burgers, and grouper sandwiches.
- Tenjune’s owners open up Abe & Arthur’s (named after their grandpas), a club/restaurant in the old Lotus space, also in the Meatpacking District. The food is fresh american which means more fancy burgers, I think. [sidenote: Why do I keep writing about the Meatpacking District? I kinda hate that place. Especially since I have to walk through it everyday.]
- Condé Nasty is shutting down Gourmet Magazine after 68 years.
- Magnolia Bakery AND the Shake Shack are opening in Dubai next year. [grubstreet]