1. Thou Shalt Not Make A Man A Financial Plan
2. Thou Shalt Make a Date With FICO Before A Date For Sex
3. Thou Shalt Ask For What You Are Worth In Every Arena Of Life: Got a shiny new MBA and boss won’t budge on a raise? WALK! (but not before you find a new job!)
4. Thou Shalt Not Get Credit With A Man Who Has No Financial Obligation To You i.e putting things in each his/her name – cars, cell phones
5. Thou Shalt Understand Every Aspect Of Your Finances: rates/balances on credit cards? 20% on an auto loan means you can afford to save and purchase that car in cash.
6. Thou Shalt Understand Priorities Over Wants: No BMW when your children need health insurance
7. Thou Shalt Make a Financial Plan In The Event Of Your Death: This includes wills, trusts and life insurance
8. Thou Shalt Understand The Difference Between Going to Grad School For a Purpose and Hiding In Grad School Because You Don’t Know Purpose
9. Thou Shalt Put In Writing Every Financial Agreement You Make To Cover Thy Arse (friends, family, coworker etc)
10. Thou Shalt Have Fun! There’s no sense in saving money for a rainy day and never taking a chance to play on the sunshine and reap the benefits of your hard work. Work hard, but thou shalt play hard too!
from girlsjustwannahavefunds.com (haha)