What’s with all the coconut stories lately, Doanie? As of December 1, Rio de Janeiro is banning whole coconuts vendors from the beach. Everyday 30 tons of empty coconut shells are tossed on the beach by locals and tourists and the government is saying it is a nasty eyesore – plus, the rats like to come out for the cocunut husks. Of course, beachgoers can still drink coconut water from a bottle if they want to. The city’s goal is to clean itself up for the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympic games.
Coconut water is the 2nd most popular drink in Brazil (behind orange juice) but what makes “nature’s sports drink” so great?
- Keeps the body cool and at the proper temperature.
- Orally re-hydrate your body, it is an all natural isotonic beverage.
- Naturally replenish your body’s fluids after exercising.
- Raise your metabolism.
- Promote weight loss.
- Boost your immune system.
- Detoxify and fight viruses.
- Cleanse your digestive tract.
- Control diabetes.
- Aid your body in fighting viruses that cause the flu, herpes, and AIDS.
- Balance your PH and reduce risk of cancer.
- Treat kidney and urethral stones.
- Boost poor circulation.