From Napoleon Hill, one of America’s 1st Success Self-Help authors, comes a list of the 12 True Riches in Life:
- Positive mental attitude
- Sound physical health
- Harmony in human relations
- Freedom from fear
- Hope of future achievement
- Capacity for applied Faith
- Willingness to share one’s blessing with others
- To be engaged in a labor of love
- An open mind on all subjects toward all people
- Complete self discipline
- Wisdom with which to understand people
- Financial security
Notice how only 1 item, the last one, pertains to actual money. Think about it, how rich is life if you have poor health but with tons of money in the bank– and no one to share it with?
I live my life feeling “rich” everyday (no matter the pennies in my wallet), whether I’m time-affluent, food-choice-affluent (I do live in NYC), or laundry-affluent (everything’s cleaned, no piles to sort!) Being rich, to me, is simply a way of thinking.. (aha! That would be #1 on the list) How do you feel rich in your everyday life?